Thursday, October 4, 2007

New Students from all over


We are in the busy grind of the semester, which means lots of things going on. Among them this week was our Freshmen in Business luncheon on Tuesday. I guess we have done this for a few years now but this was the first one I was able to attend. Good food, but especially good company as I got to speak with several freshmen considering business as a major.

The students I talked with came from all over the region -- from Cape Girardeau, St. Louis, Nebraska, and Manhattan (where I believe one of the young men pictured here is from).

I appreciate our faculty, staff, and student facilitators who organize this event and lead the 1-hour course called Freshmen in Business. In this course, students get the opportunity to meet many of our faculty in accounting, international business, finance, and economics -- in addition to meeting faculty at this event. Thus, new students don't have to wait a year or two before knowing something about their major.

No comments: